Build a council presence within the attendance area of the Acalanes Union High School District.
- Encourage 100% unit participation in Reflections Program, Legislation Team, Advocacy Day, and annual Founders Day Luncheon.
- Increase membership and scholarship outreach.
- Continue outreach to non-PTA schools within the Acalanes Union High School District attendance area.
- Attend association meeting for each unit. Establish and maintain a relationship with school district offices.
Actively support all current PTA/PTSA units, through communications, training and leadership.
- All units attend five association meetings.
- Ongoing contact with units.
- All units turn in reports by deadlines.
- Provide ongoing training for officers, including communications guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a procedure manual and process for creating Campaign Recipient Committee (AKA: Political Action Committee or “PAC”).
- Proactive support via electronic communications and website.
Promote strong partnerships and maintain communication between school districts and Las Trampas Creek Council.
- Each superintendent is encouraged to attend at least one Council association meeting and one Legislation Team meeting.
- Advise and support school district administration and principals about PTA programs, policy, and procedures.
- Promote website and email communications system.
Support specific goals of the Council Legislation Team.
- Educate and motivate the community regarding legislative advocacy.
- Increase community interaction with schools and government officials.
- Promote attendance at annual Advocacy Day.
Last Revised & Adopted: September 12, 2016
California State PTA
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Mission Statement of the California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communications.
California State PTA Board of Managers, October 2009
Join Our GetSMART on Education Newsletter:
We strive to provide subscribers with up to date and informative news about legislation and topics that effect our children. Select the "Leg Alerts / Get Smart" checkbox on the Subscription page.